ALPAMAYO MOUNTAIN 5,947 mt
Route: Southwest Face (Normal Route, the French Route
Preferred time: June – August
Location: Cordillera blanca
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -010°C on the top – 15°C.
Group size: 02 + participants
Price from: 1,500 USD
Alpamayo is one of the most popular technical mountains in Cordillera Blanca. It has been declared one of the most beautiful mountains in the world and this nomination attracts climbers from year to year. Alpamayo is a technical mountain that requires experience, 2 climbing axe and it is recommendable to go with a certified mountain guide. The beautiful wall of Alpamayo is about 60
Degrees with a steeper last part - about 70-80 degrees. In the itinerary there is one extra day in case of bad weather or the need to acclimatize more. From the Camp 1 you can also climb Quitaraju (6040m).
DAY 01: HUARAZ 3100M - CASHAPAMPA 2900 M - LLAMACORRAL 3760M.
After the breakfast in the hotel we will aboard in our private bus to go along the Callejón de Huaylas in the north side of Huaraz. passing the different districts such as: Carhuas 2650m, Yungay 2500m, after this city, we will get the Caraz city 2250m, then we will continue our travel to get the last Distrit Cashapampa arriving around 10:00am , where the Donkey Driver will waiting for us to transport our Camping equipments , from here we will start hiking up, after walking 2 hours half we will have lunch, then we will continue hiking up, after hiking up for 5 or 6 hours we will get the first camp named Llamacorral, arriving around 4pm. Overnight camping at 3760m
DAY 02: LLAMACORRAL - BASE CAMP ARHUEYCOCHA 4300M.
Today we will hike along the valley moderate enjoying the beautiful lakes called Ichiccocha and Jatuncocha, turquoise lakes, then we will arrive to nice spot where will have lunch at the place called Quisuar, after it we will climb up to the Alpamayo Base Camp, we will get here early and prepare and check our climbing gears for the next day, overnight at 4300m.
DAY 03: BASE CAMP 4300M - MORAINE CAMP ALPAMAYO 4800M.
After the breakfast we will start climbing up for about 3 hours rocky path and get the Moraine camp, where we will enjoy a splendor views of the mountains Artesonraju, Paria, Pucajirca and others, after the pitch the tents we will check our climbing equipments for the next day and overnight camping over 4800m.
DAY 04: MORAINE CAMP ALPAMAYO- CAMP 1
After breakfast, We will climb the glacier for about 4 hours half, where we will put our climbing equipments for continue climbing, then we will get the camp 1 and will have dinner later afternoon and rest, overnight camping at 5550m.
DAY 05: CAMP 1- SUMMIT ALPAMAYO 5947M - CAMP 1
Today the breakfast will be at 2 or 3:00am in the morning, and we will start climbing using head lamps, and after 1 hour approx walking in the snow we will get the base of the wall (Ferrari route) the inclination is approximate 75, then we will start climbing the wall, and after 2 or 3 hours climbing we will succeed the summit 5947m, where we will have impressionist white mountain peaks. And after to enjoy for a few minutes we will come dawn rappelling with the help of our guide, arriving to the camp place at 11 or 12 am and just for lunch, and rest in the afternoon, overnight in the glacier at 5550m.
DAY 06: CAMP 01 - BASE CAMP ARHUAYCOCHA
After the breakfast in the Camp 1, we will take the same route to go back to the Moraine Camp, then we will continue go down to the Base Camp, arriving to the Base Camp around 3:00pm and overnight camping in the Base Camp at 4300m.
DAY 07: BASE CAMP - CASHAPAMPA - HUARAZ
Today we will come back walking down hill along the Santa Cruz valley enjoying the nice view of Jatuncocha and Ichiccocha Lake, till Cashapampa, where the transfer will be waiting for us and will have a last stop for lunch, after lunch we will aboard our private transfer to return Huaraz, for about 3 hours half. Arriving to Huaraz around 4:00pm.
- 5 meals per day ( breakfast, snack, lunch, tea time, dinner)
- Sleeping tent 4 season
- Special mat. (base camp)
- Kitchen tent (base camp)
- Certificated mountain guide ( English spoken)
- Group climbing gear (crampons, harness, ice axe, rope, helmet etc.).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Porters (only for mountains over 6,000 meter)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- We give you boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink
- Entrance fee to the huascarán national park, s/ 60.00 soles per person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
COST PER PERSON:
|01 PERSON||2 PERSON||3 to 4 PERSON|
|COST||$ 2,999.99 USD Dollars||$1,500 USD Dollars||$1,350 USD Dollars|
• If you book in advance we find the other participants for the Date you Choice. (Group Service considerate from 05 to 08 participants)We open a new group minimum Base on 02.
You should do early book to get special discounts.
For booking validation you should deposit a 30% of total price, and rest 70% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
|JUNE 01||03 spaces||Book Now|
|JUNE 04||07 spaces||Book Now|
|JUNE 07||07 spaces||Book Now|
|JUNE 13||02 spaces||Book Now|
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
We always recommend multi-layers clothing system which is more effective while you are managing your body temperature and warmer than one thick layer.
shade hat or baseball cap
CORE / TORAX WEAR
base layer / longsleeve
thrid layer / hard shell
fourth layer / insulating layer
Base layer / long-johns
second layer / fleece trouser
hard shell / mountaineering trouser
sandals / crocs
sleeping bag more than – 10°c comfort) If you cant take one you can rent in Huaraz
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR:
2 locking carabineers
1 traverse ice axe (only climbing) / 2 traction ice axe (making course)
pair of gaiters
daysi chain / climbing lanyard.
personal first aid kit (medicines that you often use).
large duffle bags
sacks or large plastic bags
sunscreen; (spf 30 +).
Lip balm; (sfp 15 +).
7 DAYS / 6 NIGHTS
$1,500 USD per person
Up to 02