HUASCARAN MOUNTAIN 6,768 MT. 06D – 05 N
Maximum altitude: 6768 m. (Huascaran south summit).
Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
Preferred time: June – August.
Location: Cordillera Blanca.
Average temperature: Between 13° C – 23° C during the day/ at night -10°C to – -18°C on the top – 15°C.
Groups: 2+ Participants
Price: $ 1,500 USD Dollars per person
Located in the Peruvian province of Yungay (Ancash Department), situated in the Cordillera Blanca range of the western Andes. The highest southern summit of Huascarán (Huascarán Sur) is the highest point in Peru, the northern part of Andes (north of Lake Titicaca) and in all of the Earth's Tropics. Huascarán is the fourth highest mountain in the Western Hemisphere and South America after Aconcagua, Ojos del Salado, and Monte Pissis.
DAY 1: HUARAZ AT (3100M) – MANCOS VILLAGE AT (2528M) – MUSHO VILLAGE AT (3005M) – HUASCARAN BASE CAMP AT (4200M). (DRIVING TIME: 2 HOURS / WALK TIME: 4 HOURS (WALK UP).
Departure from Huaraz at 7:00 am. toward north side of Callejon de Huaylas until Mancos at 2500m, after that we will drive on dirt road until reach Musho village, where we will meet with donkey driver and donkeys, who are going to load our climbing gear until base camp at 4200m. Overnight camp at Huascaran base camp
DAY 2: HUASCARAN BASE CAMP AT (4200M) – MORAINE CAMP AT (4850M). (CLIMBING TIME: 04 HOURS (WALK UP).
This day after our breakfast at 8:00am, after that we will prepare our climb gear, to start walking up on rocky section toward moraine at 4850m, in this place we will have lunch, and in the afternoon we will enjoy impressive Sunset. Overnight camp at Huascaran moraine camp.
DAY 3: MORAINE CAMP AT (4850M) – HIGH CAMP AT (5350M). (CLIMBING TIME: 05 HOURS (ASCENT).
After our hearty breakfast we will move on rocky path until reach the glacier edge, then we will traverse until reach the high camp at 5350m. Overnight camp at Huascaran high camp.
DAY 4: HIGH CAMP 01 AT (5350M) – SECOND HIGH CAMP AT (6010M). (CLIMBING TIME: 04 - 05 HOURS (ASCENT).
After our breakfast we will start climbing up toward col passing on the way up by a little bit dangerous avalanche site until reach the col in the middle of couple peaks, in the afternoon we will enjoy one of the most impressive sunset in whole of Cordillera Blanca. Overnight camp at Huascaran second high camp.
DAY 5: SECOND HIGH CAMP AT (6010M) – HUASCARAN SOUTH SUMMIT PEAK AT (6768M) – SECOND HIGH CAMP AT (6010M) – HIGH CAMP AT (5350M) – MORAINE CAMP AT (4850M). (CLIMBING TIME: 16 HOURS (ASCENT & DESCENT).
This day the most important we will have breakfast very early at 12:00 am then we start walking up on switchbacks with some steep and slope sections, after 7 hours climbing up we will reach the south summit at 6768m, from the summit we will have a breathtaking view to the cordillera Blanca, then we back on the same route up on rappels at difficult parts until reach our camp then we continue descending until moraine camp site. Last night camp at moraine camp.
DAY 6: MORAINE CAMP AT (4850M) – MUSHO AT (3050M) – HUARAZ. (WALKING TIME: 05 HOURS (DESCENT).
After our breakfast at 8:00am we will pick up our climbing gears to back until base camp, where our donkey driver is waiting us to load our climb gear until Musho village, where our private transport is waiting for us to back Huaraz. Then we will drop you at your Hotel to rest and clean up then we will meet at the early evening again for the celebration with some traditional dish and Drink at Our Family house this is the End of our expedition.
- 5 meals per day ( breakfast, snack, lunch, tea time, dinner)
- Sleeping tent 4 season
- Special mat. (base camp)
- Kitchen tent (base camp)
- Certificated mountain guide ( English spoken)
- Group climbing gear (crampons, harness, ice axe, rope, helmet etc.).
- Kitchen and dining full utensils. Stove, gas, plates, caps, forks.
- First aid kit
- Porters (only for mountains over 6,000 meter)
- Hot water every day in the morning to clean up your hands and face.
- We give you boiled water to fill your bottle every day.
- Include last day typical dinner and drink
- Entrance fee to the huascarán national park, s/ 150.00 soles per person
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Horse (in case of emergency, for trekking parts)
- Travel luggage and travel cancellation insurance
- Not mentioned food and beverages
- Don’t include first breakfast.
- Personal camping and climbing equipment (sleeping bag, heat lamp, snow glasses, appropriate clothes, personal medicines, etc.)
COST PER PERSON:
|01 PERSON||2 PERSON||3 to 4 PERSON|
|COST||$ 2,999.99 USD Dollars||$1,500 USD Dollars||$1,350 USD Dollars|
• If you book in advance we find the other participants for the Date you Choice. (Group Service considerate from 05 to 08 participants)We open a new group minimum Base on 02.
You should do early book to get special discounts.
For booking validation you should deposit a 30% of total price, and rest 70% you pay when you arrive to Peru or Huaraz.
• Dear visitors you should know that our company service is available to provide wherever information regarding our trip, for detailed information you should request us and we will reply as soon as possible, because we have an expert guide available.
• Our trek rates can change according the book time and number of participants, contact with us for more information please.
WE RECOMMEND TO BRING
We always recommend multi-layers clothing system which is more effective while you are managing your body temperature and warmer than one thick layer.
shade hat or baseball cap
CORE / TORAX WEAR
base layer / longsleeve
thrid layer / hard shell
fourth layer / insulating layer
Base layer / long-johns
second layer / fleece trouser
hard shell / mountaineering trouser
sandals / crocs
sleeping bag more than – 10°c comfort) If you cant take one you can rent in Huaraz
PERSONAL CLIMBING GEAR:
2 locking carabineers
1 traverse ice axe (only climbing) / 2 traction ice axe (making course)
pair of gaiters
daysi chain / climbing lanyard.
personal first aid kit (medicines that you often use).
large duffle bags
sacks or large plastic bags
sunscreen; (spf 30 +).
Lip balm; (sfp 15 +).
6 DAYS / 5 NIGHTS
$1299.99 USD per person
Up to 09